Monday, October 17, 2005

The Great Pumpkin


I was gently reminded this weekend that there are no pictures of Ava's adoring father and my better half on our little blog. Gosh, how did that happen? Did I get wrapped up in my own little world and my daughter who is a constant appendage dangling from my leg or hip and forget about anybody else? Hmm.. how unlike me to be a little centered around self. (You can stop laughing now if you are reading this and really do know me.)

Yes, here we are this weekend about ready to take our annual family outing in search of the great pumpkin. (Notice that Brian and I have matching orange shirts. We did not plan this. It appears that we are turning into one of those married too long couples that can dress at separate times and come out of the closet matching.) It is a scary phenomenon that really should be studied by someone at Harvard.

My dad was visiting and decided to brave the midwest's version of Disney in the pumpkin patch too. It is really a nursery/landscaping company that seems to have studied all things Disney and turns itself into a hyped up fall festival that is a total dream for the
under 6 set once a year.
(Ok, perhaps I am just jealous that I am not the one who dreamed up this money making scheme disguised in the form of a $2.00 walk through the balloon haunted house, $4.00 popcorn bags and $5.00 balloons.) Hey, we live in America all the more power to the capitalists right?

But they did deliver on a promise of a real hay ride out to find the great pumpkin. Fun was had by all, even the cynic. And I did get the priceless shot of my dad, muffin man and my babe. So, I cannot complain. Don't tell the Disney pumkin people but I would have paid even more for this great picture that will forever conjure up memories of a great day with the fam and my delightful dad.

No comments: