Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The "Not So-Secret" Stash

"Hi babe, whatcha doing?", I say.

"Nothing, Mommy I am a beautiful princess.", she says.

"You sure are. Do princesses eat candy?", I ask.

"Yes, but I'm not eating candy now.", she says bold faced and smelling like a tootsie roll.

"Really, are you telling me the truth?", I say right before I start a giggle that will erupt into hysterics momentarily.

"Nooo.", she says sheepishly. Then hoping her pugnacious grin will win me over, she quickly moves her hand to cover the "secret" hiding place of stashed candy wrappers.

"Babe", I say. "You've seriously got to become a little more crafty and inventive when it comes to pulling one over on your old mom."

"Yeah, can I watch Mary Poppins now?", she says.

Do you see what I am dealing with, here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hands are full......thank God that your heart is too!!

Stephanie V said...

That is so cute! I love the "smelling like a tootsie roll" line - classic!

Lisa~~ said...

Very creative hiding place...she'll keep you on your toes.