Thursday, November 10, 2005

Am I addicted?

This morning my monitor died. Thank goodness it was only the monitor and not the guts of my little home office. I won't bore you with the details or anything but 12 hours later I am $250 poorer and the owner of a new monitor. Sad.

Let me just tell you during my panic filled day I realized I might be addicted to my computer. When it was down I started to panic. How will I pay bills? It honestly did not dawn on me until about 3 hours later that my local bank could probably help me with that situation if push came to shove. I thought...how will I edit my photos? Can't crop and sepia color without my computer!

Then I thought, I will pay, I will pay to get this issue resolved. I have to read my blogs. I have to read my blogs. Sending the damn thing to a black hole in Memphis for a monitor fix is NOT an option. Unfortunately in today's disposable society it turned out not to be an option for me anyway. The thing was ca-put. Done, finito, BROKEN.

So what is my point here? I don't know, but thank God the new one works fine.

1 comment:

Lisa~~ said...

I feel your pain!! Back in July, I too realized that I'm an addict. I say I worry about paying my bills and checking my ING account but truth be told...I need to read the blogs!! Enjoy your new monitor.