Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Fujian?



I've had two dreams in the last few months that our new baby is in Fujian Province. The first time I had a dream I woke up thinking, How do you spell that? It's not a province that I have heard mentioned many times for Chinese adoptions. I've seen Hunan, Guangzhou, Jiangxi, Yunnan, Jiangsu, Anhui, Hubei, Guangxi and Chongqing mentioned most for the people using our agency.

Honestly, I was sort of haunted by the thought and went to the internet to see if there was a province called Fujian. There is, it is located between Jiangxi and the island of Taiwan on the far eastern shore. The capitol is Fuzhou and indeed there are families who have received referrals from Fujian. Ok, weird but ok.

Then Ava and I were in the car this week and I could swear she said Fujian. I don't even remember what it was in reference to. I stopped and asked her what she said and she just laughed and would not repeat what she said. I'd officially call that an un-official Fujian family siting. It could have been a discussion forming around food for all I know. FUjian -- FOOd??

Mother's premonition or silly guessing game? I guess we will have to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait some more. I absolutely hate it when my mind starts to obsess about stuff like this and I can't "shake" it. It's like that song that just won't leave your head. Except it is Chinese provinces.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That means our daughter might be from Fujian also! Thank you for sharing...............now I have something else to obsess about!

~Traci

Colleen said...

I've had some thoughts that my daughter will be from the Guangdong province. Really no reasoning behind it. But if my older daughter happens to say Gaungdong one day, then I will surely think that is a sign!

M3 said...

Hm, Fujian, never heard of it! I'm hopelessly geographically impaired. Will be scrambling frantically for a map the second we get our referral.

Love your premonition -- very cool!