Saturday, February 05, 2011

Have Gadget Will Go

I was recently asked to create a zipper pouch in wristlet form to carry an IPod Touch for the daughter of a friend of mine.  Her birthday is coming up and this gal takes her ITouch with her everywhere she goes.  When I saw her daughter last weekend she was teaching me a thing or two about apps.  Nothing makes you feel older than learning technology tricks from an eleven year old.  Wink. 

My friend said, "She likes greens and blues, use your creativity."  Ahh, my favorite kind of job. 

Here is what I came up with.  It's a simple zipper pouch with heavy interfacing to help protect the gadget that will live inside.  The best part though, in my opinion is the fabric flower.  You knew I'd be excited about the flower right?  

I saw this tutorial and immediately fell in love with these.  Go see the tutorial, great instructions.  They might be addictive. I have a few more cut out and ready to be made up!  Don't toss those scraps, cutting little circles out of leftovers can make darling flowers.  Who knew?   

I'm off to plan making a few more of these to sell soon. 

1 comment:

Stacia said...

This is adorable! The flower is such a sweet touch.