Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Little Wallets and In Need of An Elf or A Cook

Last night it was 6:30 before I stepped away from the Beast, (who by the way I have found a new and lovingly symbiotic relationship with in recent weeks) and I came downstairs to think about cooking dinner for the fam. Yes, 6:30 pm and I was just starting to think about dinner. The girls were screaming for something other than apples*, Livi suggested gummy bears for dinner, nice try my pet...when the Muffin Man stepped into the kitchen.

"My God, Man you simply must find me an elf to sew or a cook to whip up something in the kitchen for your children, 'cause it just ain't gettin' done around here." I said. He looked curiously at me while stuffing pickles in his mouth and said, "Yeah, why don't you look into a cook?" Seriously, this was his version of help around here? The Muffin Man knows we aren't exactly rushing to find someone to scrub toilets for us, NEVER MIND a cook. One can dream, can't one?

So, here is what was keeping me strapped to the Beast for so long. I thought I had a show this week. Ha Ha ha, it is next week. Apparently the large sized print calendar open faced on my desk is NOT enough to help me get my gig's right. Anyhow, the show is next week. If you are in Indy and want to come and hang out in the land of the beautiful and well vacationed people(I'll just be visiting too), please see the sidebar for details and come say hi to me at the Village of West Clay Boutique.
Yes, I was chained to the machine freaking out thinking I had a show starting this weekend, not NEXT weekend. Want to see what I made?

Aren't they lovely? Little wallets with hooks and key fobs to match. It took me all afternoon to make four but they are so pretty sitting there I don't care. And, I have four new wallets to take to my show that happens to start NEXT week. Did I mention that I mentally farted and completely biffed on the date?

So, that leaves me with count them...7 whole days until my next show. What should I do? Maybe plan ahead to make dinner for the little beings sponging off us for free rent and snacks?

Nah, the Beast is calling my name. Come play with me little girl.

Make something pink and green and zebra striped.























I'm off to use up every bit of this fabric and trim that is left on the bolt. Seriously, pink and green tassels, you know you'd be rushing to use it up too. Oh yes, and perhaps polish kielbasa with sauerkraut and fresh greens for dinner. Livi will be unappreciative of the switch from gummy bears but we all gotta get real sometime.

*I blame my mother for the apples, each and every time my brother and I screamed for something to eat while growing up, it was suggested that we find an apple. Consequently, it is now 30 years later and I am just now discovering a newly found appreciation for them. Especially when it comes to snacking with my children. Yes, I will undoubtedly turn them off apples too for a mere 30 years. It is a legacy I can do my best to uphold.

No comments: