Monday, October 16, 2006

Accessories Make The Girl?


Hello, my name is Liv and my mother never combs my hair. I have 10,000 hand-me down hair bows and yet...nothing. Not one paste on pink frilly accessory. My shirt has soy barf on it. It stinks. But my mom is super tired of laundry so we are learning to live with it and she decided to cook bacon in the house to cover the smell since going to the mall for a Yankee Candle is out of the question. I would rather not sit strapped into anything.


Want to see my sister at 11 months old?

She wore red velvet and dare I say it...hair bows. Yes, she had one for each day of the week. I plan to discuss this at the Thanksgiving Dinner table in the year 2020. I hear that kid had bling. Where's mine? Huh, I want to know.















Deep down in my heart I believe hair bows are for poodles.

14 comments:

Johnny said...

har-har

Wendy said...

Aw, the poor and neglected 2nd child. Hey, at least you're taking pictures of her:) And who needs stinkin' hairbows?!

Lisa and Tate said...

Who needs a bow when you are so naturally cute??? I would rather smell bacon than a candle anyday.... Hmmmm BLT sandwich sounds good!!

Lisa

OziMum said...

Its ok, Olivia. "Ala Naturale" is much more appealing anyway (maybe, without the soy barf) but, hey, what ever works for you!

Anonymous said...

This post is a hoot. I almost did a post on our blog about bows and head bands but was afraid that I would offend someone. I think they are adorableon those that wear them, but I don't have the patience for such things with kiddo number 3. I'm pretty sure that Valerie's head was decked out eight years ago. Poor Jaden and Olivia. The poor neglected children.... :-/

Traci

Gracencameronsmomy said...

My poor child doesn't get to wear them, either. They get lost, she takes them out, they aren't worth the trouble. She is lucky if I brush her hair...Don't feel bad Olivia...
Lisa

Ani said...

in my house, my youngest sister is ususally referred to as "poor laura". i guess hand-me downs and a more "relaxed" mom come with the territory... such a cutie, even without the red velvet :)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Hey, you can always send the extra hair bows my way - after 3 boys I'm DYING to dress someone in velvet and hair bows. But Olivia, you are way cute without the accessories!

Space Mom said...

Liv- Those bows go better on poodles. I agree with you. And yes, Soy barf is Such the fashion statement! Don't forget to barf on momma a few times too!

Lisa~~ said...

Hairbows or not, still one adorable little girl.

Kristin said...

LOL, Perrin, you crack me up! I think my younger kids will gang up on me someday for the lack of photos that document their life... I have eleventy billion snapshots of my oldest and the numbers just drop from there...

Colleen said...

Hey! Does Yankee Candle make the scent of bacon? I think you're on to something!

And Olivia, I'm impressed that as the 2nd child you are getting so many photos taken. It's hard to be the baby of the family!

Shana said...

SO cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

You are sooo funny! I love your blog!

Mary McG
in TN