Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Lead Up To Fall

I've been working this week trying to come up with new items for fall to take to a few shows.  I think I have a nice mix of home and public shows lined up leading into the holiday season. Eeek gad, it is still a mighty toasty 85 degrees outside today and thinking fall is not coming easily.  

Have you seen all the ruffles on tee shirts?  After seeing ruffles on silk blouses in the early 1980's I was pretty sure I couldn't tolerate ruffles, unless they were on my four year old.  But, I'm a changed woman.  I love the new tee shirts with ruffles.  Coats with ruffles.  Bags with ruffles.   Here is a whimsical messenger bag with yes, ruffles.  For a not so huge bag you can really pop a lot of junk in there.  I think I will make up a few more to schlep along with me as I visit some of these shows. 

Other news around here demands I announce that I am now officially a stage mother.  Perhaps we will be jetting off to New York soon.  (Anyone who knows me in real life must be laughing their fanny off at that statement, after all you are reading the gal who simply doesn't get off the cul-de-sac very often.)  Ava, Miss 3rd grader extraordinaire has landed herself a pretty decent part in her school's play.  Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.  She is a dwarf.  Nifty right?  A dwarf named Spritely.  Apparently the old Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy etc...they aren't flying anymore.  She had to audition and the whole bit.  It took me 6 tries to get the correct itunes download for Favorite Things in instrumental version for her to take the the audition.  Embarrassing,  not a stage mother move. At one point in the process I was sitting in her room giving her directions on how to hold her hands at the end of the song to look Liza Minnelli like.  How very theatrical of me.  I told her to be gracious and say thank you to the judges when she was done.  She asked why.  I told her she wanted to make the judges think she was direct'able.  She then broke out into song. "I am directa'ble."  Oh yes, stage mother, stage daughter.   Now I have to find several hours a week until the middle of November to volunteer with the play. I am the new volunteer on the "snow white dancers and their princes" team. 

    
Here are some new fall additions all lined up on the fence.  I personally am groovin' on the purple ones.  Do they look like they are sweating?  And in need of a pair of skinny jeans and long sweater?  Yeah, I thought so too. 

No comments: