Friday, January 23, 2009

Auto Gods on My Side

Update to Yesterday's Post:

1. The Muffin Man is a god, pure and simple. See, there is an upside to NOT marrying the metrosexual emotionally in touch type of man, who knows nothing of making cornices from scratch and fixing old cars. I love my cave man. The fuel injection stuff he bought and dumped into the car worked! Started up this morning like a charm. I'll surely be driving my 1999 black heap of beauty with the dented front bumper for another 5 years.

2. In an odd twist of good luck the seemingly broken ice maker miraculously started working again after I defrosted the thing and shook the motor around a bit. Yipee Skipee.

3. My very old and dear friend from way back in middle school was able to adopt a little boy domestically in December. We got the birth announcement today. I cried. Can't wait to send something blue.

Gees, perhaps I should go buy a lottery ticket. Hope my luck holds out. Tomorrow is (insert music of doom) Ava's 7th birthday party. No less than 14 children have RSVP's yes. Tack on my 2 and that my friends, is a houseful. The Muffin Man is certain someone will take the paint we are providing for crafty purposes and use it on the walls. To which I replied, "How is that different that what we deal with around here on a daily basis?" Yeah, he nodded pointing to the coffee maker that Liv almost totaled last night as she snuck away and tried to "make coffee" on her own. Just for insurance purposes though, you'll be happy to know I did not purchase the glitter I had in my hand at the craft store.

Hey, why overtly tempt the gods right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that we sold our Durango a year and a half ago and bought a very sensible 2005 Toyota Sienna Limited Edition VAN? Drove all the way to NC to take advantage of the deal on that repo. It's true we did.

Even though the Durango could hold seven people (Yitong was on her way at the time) we knew that we couldn't travel with seven in that vehicle. So, we sold it (to my brother of all people.)

Scott would pat it as he walked in my brother's for family gaterings or go visit it in our driveway if the gathering were here. He missed it A LOT!

And then we read the article in November that said there would be little salt used on the roadways this year. The article told us that we had better get used to the roads being snow covered again and that the days of "clear roads" are over. (This is absolutely true!)

Suddenly he had his excuse! Trac, we need a Durango again. You drive the kids twenty minutes each way to school and you need a 4-wheel drive! So, within short order we had ourselves a 2004 Dodge Durango (bright red - love the color) with 35,000 miles on it.

We should have kept old girl. Live and learn.

Enjoy your Durango - they're pretty great!

And kudos to manly husband.

Traci

OziMum said...

Its been a while since I've swung by! (bad-me). I lOVE your new template - gorgeous. (I'm such a sucker for pink/brown/green!)

:) Good luck with the birthday party!!! We only do ones at Mcdonalds!!! If its a home party - we have about 6 kids!! :)

I didn't know Olivia was a budding barista?!!

Mac said...

My sister and her husband have a Durango and have sunk some pretty serious money into over the years. They just can't seem to let it go. I always tell her that we would have surely gotten rid of it by now, but I'm still driving my silver 2004 Mitsubishi Montero and probably will until it just down right stops on me( knowck on wood that it's not today). I guess once you find something that works, it's hard to let go.