Friday, April 06, 2012

Spring Break

Admittedly, Spring Break did not used to be so fun.  The kids were little and traveling was sort of like riding a roller coaster with cats.  But then a miraculous thing happened.  The grew up a bit.  They like to travel, they are excited to learn new things in different cities and are willing to forego their favorite home meal in lieu of strange and wonderous things on a dim sum menu. 

This week we've been to Chicago, seen Chinatown, eaten dim sum, seen a world class museum, learned all about Ghengis Khan, walked the Miracle Mile, biked several miles to an ice cream shop and home again without complaint, spent 3 hours in a local park, ate lunch under a tree, seen The Lorax, went out to lunch in our hometown downtown area, went fishing, went to the dollar store, went to the zoo and slept in late!  Now that is my idea of good times during spring break!


There was also just a bit of time to take a few photos in the backyard.  They are getting so big.  I sometimes feel a twinge of nostalgia for when they were babies, but then again they are just so much darn fun now!  Six more weeks of school and then summer.  I am counting the days. 

4 comments:

J.D. said...

Perrin,

I hate to hear that you have been going thru so much. I hope this finds things looking up for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sharon

Martha said...

Love the photos, Perrin! Remember the photography lesson we took together at Outdoor Ed Day in 6th or so grade? I still have a picture from that day around somewhere...looks like your skills have quite improved since then!

Tracy said...

Seriously Perrin - where did the time go - your girls look so grown up. Glad you had a great spring break!

Angetlista said...

Really nice!
visit my site